Friday 7 December 2007

Dreamwater.

I had a dream last night. I stood on the banks of a river. It was very wide. The water was greyish brown. There were gentle ripples. They were calling me. Then out of nowhere came a man. He was very tall and thin. He was bald, had small grey eyes and a long pointed nose. He had a friendly smile on his face. He told me, "Jao, egiye jao, jolta khub bhalo. Jolta hate niye dekho, gaye makho, jao na." I, at once started moving forward as if i had been waiting for his consent. Strangely ,as soon as i started moving the water slowly started coming forward. It created puddles in hollow places. The puddles grew larger. The waters sprang up vertically, created more and more puddles. At a point of time there was water on both my left and right sides. The space above my head and the space below my feet were enveloped with the greyish-brown sheet within moments. i didn't feel frightened. i felt madly happy! I started slapping my body against the water with a fierce glee. Then i felt an excruciating pain....... a metallic, cold and salty pain. It was very real. I am still feeling it while i type. i wish it would leave me.

3 comments:

Jadis said...

Beautiful. As your posts always are. But tell me this, ei loktar shonge ami ekjoner mil khuje paachi. well, perhaps everything except the height. Am I right??
;-)

kingkartabyabimuhro said...

No Jadis u r wrong!!! He was very solemn -the quality u would rarily associate with the person u r thinking of. The tall man didn't at all resemble him, there was a frightenning pleassntness about him. He waits for eveyone who goes near the edge of Dreamwater. Stupid, nodi loving wretches!!!

Jadis said...

Yeah. Now that I notice it, he's got SMALL grey eyes. so i guess i WAS wrong.